Hillsborough Community College - SouthShore Campus
Hillsborough Community College - SouthShore Campus
About Hillsborough Community College - SouthShore Campus
Founded in 1968, HCC is currently the fifth largest community college in Florida’s State College System, serving more than 42,000 students each year at its five campuses, three centers and online platform. HCC offers more than 200 academic options including the associate in art and associate in science degrees, college credit certificates, postsecondary adult vocational certificates, advanced technical diplomas and certificates, as well as continuing education and lifelong learning courses. The College has an annual budget of over $135 million and employs more than 2,200. Over 84 percent of HCC graduates stay in the local community, and together, HCC and its former students contribute more than $1.3 billion in added income and economic impact to Hillsborough County.
The Hillsborough Community College District includes five campuses, each with a unique identity reflective of the communities it serves, in addition to three academic centers. It is our priority to provide our students with engaging academic and campus life—including a wide array of support services, clubs, activities, service learning, and athletics programs—that helps foster a more well rounded, engaged college experience for our students.
HCC is proud to serve as the primary feeder for recent graduates of the School District of Hillsborough County. Through our associate in arts programs, we are the largest state college feeder to the University of South Florida. HCC also has a longstanding tradition of responsiveness to meeting the needs of business and industry through our workforce degree and certificate programs. Additionally, HCC's Institute for Corporate and Continuing Education provides customized training solutions to help strengthen the competitiveness of the local workforce.
HCC also offers developmental education and English as a Second Language for those not yet prepared for the rigors of college-level work. To complement our academic programming and promote greater student academic success, the College provides a full array of academic support and learning resource services. In addition, HCC provides a well-rounded college experience for our students. We have hundreds of student clubs and activities throughout the year, as well as highly competitive athletic teams. HCC also offers student housing at the Hawks Landing apartment complex and provides childcare on two of our campuses.
- Highest Student Satisfaction - 94% of enrolled student survey respondents reported satisfaction with their education at HCC.
- Highest Graduate Satisfaction - 94% of graduate survey respondents would recommend HCC to a friend.
- Students completing apprenticeship programs experience a 100% placement rate
- Approximately 95% of our full-time faculty members hold advanced degrees.
- Fire Academy was selected as the 2021 Fire Training Center of the Year by the Florida Fire Training Directors Association.
- Lady Hawks Tennis team won the state championship and fnished runner-up at nationals in 2021.
- Over 1,200 SCHOLARSHIPS AWARDED by the HCC Foundation in 2021.
- Choosing a place to live is one of the most important decisions you will make before beginning your studies at HCC, but it does not have to be the toughest one. Come join nearly 400 American and international students who call Hawks Landing home!
- To learn more about available floorplans and rates, and to reserve your space, visit Hawks Landing. Rooms fill up quickly for the Fall term, so apply today!
- To apply for Hawks Landing, you must be admitted as a student to HCC and be at least 17 years of age. Housing will be available on a first-come, first-serve basis.
- The lease for a one-bedroom/one-bathroom unit in a four bed/four bath student apartment currently starts at $665 per month. You will be required to sign a one-year lease contract. The first payment generally must be paid by cashier's check or money order and includes the monthly lease payment, a $99 application fee and a small utility fee. Rent is paid on a monthly basis.
- HCC does not have a housing office and does not recommend, endorse or assumes any responsibility for any housing arrangements made by students.
- You may have to arrange temporary housing at a hotel near the Tampa airport and Dale Mabry Campus before you are able to move into Hawks Landing or while you are searching for a more permanent home.
- Remember to report your new address to your International Student Advisor within 10 days of the move-in date. Federal regulations require all F-1 students to report address changes within 10 days of receiving the change.
Facts & Figures
Year of Establishment
Health Sciences, Nursing and Emergency Services
Associate of Arts in Dental Pathway
The dental AA pathway degree is for students who wish to pursue a Bachelor's degree toward a career in dentistry.
Education & Training
Associate of Arts in Education Teacher Preparation Pathway
If you plan to earn a Bachelor's degree in education with the goal of becoming a teacher, the education teacher preparation AA pathway degree is designed for you. You must have a standard high scho...
Engineering & Technology
Associate of Arts in Engineering Pathway
The engineering AA pathway is for students who wish to pursue Bachelor's degrees in electrical, mechanical, civil, computer science, aerospace, nuclear, agricultural, industrial, and environmental ...
Hospitality, Tourism, Wellness Leisure & Sports
Associate of Arts in Exercise Science Pathway
The Exercise Science AA pathway degree is for students who want to pursue a Bachelor’s degree in exercise science. This degree can lead to careers in personal fitness, coaching and athletic trainin...
Business & Management
Associate of Arts in Finance Pathway
This pathway is for students who want to pursue a four-year degree in Finance, which includes careers in business and management in diverse organizations. Please note only 60 of these credits are n...
Accomodation (On Campus)
Day Care Centers
Food & Dining Sevices
The following requirements must be fulfilled to get admitted to Hillsborough Community College
- International students are considered on a case-by-case basis. There can be some additional requirements, depending on the program you are applying to.
- Students are required to submit their original transcripts from their last attended academic institutions. If they are not in English, then submit the translated copies of the same along with the originals.
- Financial support statement (original bank statement and sponsor letter).
- Passport identification page with machine readable code visible
- Applicants must be 18 years old at the time of the beginning of the course.
- You need to submit your English language proficiency test scores if you are coming from a non-English speaking country.
Get your letter of acceptance from Hillsborough Community College - SouthShore Campus
Benefits of choosing
- ⇒ Admission’s guaranteed at Top institutes across the world.
- ⇒ Enjoy exclusive application fee waiver’s with Edmissions.
- ⇒ Unlimited FREE Counselling sessions with Edmission’s Experts.
- ⇒ Get Tips from industry veterans to crack the IELTS exam in 1 week.
- ⇒ Assistance with scholarships, loans, forex, student accommodation and visa guidance./college/usa/hillsborough-community-college-southshore-campus
Popular Colleges in USA
Est:1963 | Students:16000+
Est:2012 | Students:1622+
Est:1888 | Students:3013+
Est:1908 | Students:21496+
Est:2006 | Students:11500+
Est:1906 | Students:12835+
Latest Blog Posts
Nov 26, 2022 04:37AM
Tips and Tricks
Nov 26, 2022 04:37AM
Nov 26, 2022 04:36AM
Nov 26, 2022 04:35AM
Nov 26, 2022 04:34AM
Nov 24, 2022 16:45PM