About Cardiff University
Founded in 1883, Cardiff University is established as one of Britain's leading research universities.
Our ambition is to rank consistently among the top 100 universities in the world and the top 20 in the UK.
Who we are
We excel in education, research and innovation and are building strong international relationships whilst demonstrating our commitment to Wales.
Our social, economic and cultural impact
We have a significant economic and social impact on Wales and the UK as a whole, contributing in areas such as employment, research funding and teaching and learning activities.
The Annual Review highlights some of the University's recent achievements, successes and distinctions.
Explore our history from the mergers that created the University to a timeline that gives a unique view of the events that have shaped who we are now.
International Foundation Year students can apply to live in Cardiff University accommodation. Most options are a short walk from the University and the city centre. There is a range of shared flats in different areas of the city. 70% of bedrooms have their own en-suite facilities.
Pre-Master's students are welcome to apply for accommodation, but due to the start dates of the programme, it will be subject to availability at that time.
Your new Home
We have a range of accommodation to suit individual preferences and budgets. Both undergraduates and postgraduates arriving in September are guaranteed a single occupancy room, and new undergraduates will be allocated with other first year students.All rooms in University residences have a bed, desk, chair, wardrobe, and wifi. Some also have meal plans. You will share a kitchen/dining area, and can apply for an ensuite bathroom if you wish. View more information on University residences.
How to apply for Accommodation
You can apply for accommodation once you have received an offer from the International Study Centre. Find out more about the application process for International Study Centre accommodation Click Here.
There is plenty of accommodation in Cardiff that is let out by private landlords, or through letting agents, to students. Such accommodation consists of shared houses and flats. Occasionally, you may find a room in a house that you would share with the owner.
If you intend to find private accommodation, we recommend that you come to Cardiff before the start of your course to view properties. We do not recommend signing up to a tenancy contract without viewing the property, ideally meeting any possible housemates and ensuring you are happy with the contract.
For information on all aspects of looking for a house or room to rent in Cardiff, see our Students’ Union Advice Team Housing guide online.
For further Information please click here.
Facts & Figures
Year of Establishment
The following requirements must be fulfilled to get admitted to the Cardiff University
- International students are considered on case-by-case basis. There can be some additional requirements, depending on the program you are applying to.
- Students are required to submit their original transcripts from their last attended academic institutions. If they are not in English, then submit the translated copies of the same along with the originals.
- Applicants must be 18 years old at the time of the beginning of the course.
- You need to submit your English language proficiency test scores if you are coming from a non-English speaking country.
Get your letter of acceptance from Cardiff University
Benefits of choosing
- ⇒ Admission’s guaranteed at Top institutes across the world.
- ⇒ Enjoy exclusive application fee waiver’s with Edmissions.
- ⇒ Unlimited FREE Counselling sessions with Edmission’s Experts.
- ⇒ Get Tips from industry veterans to crack the IELTS exam in 1 week.
- ⇒ Assistance with scholarships, loans, forex, student accommodation and visa guidance./college/united-kingdom/cardiff-university
Lets get your queries resolved!
Got a question? Ask and discuss with 100,000+ study abroad aspirants and experts
Popular Colleges in United Kingdom
Est:2005 | Students:6000+
Est:1832 | Students:18707+
Est:1965 | Students:14000+
Est:1963 | Students:19000+
Est:1858 | Students:39400+
Est:1952 | Students:24000+
Latest Blog Posts
Feb 07, 2023 05:54AM
Feb 06, 2023 09:20AM
Feb 05, 2023 15:03PM
Feb 05, 2023 14:50PM
Feb 05, 2023 14:36PM
Feb 04, 2023 14:56PM